lichess.org
Donate

Crazyhouse World Championship 2021 - Double Elimination Knockout Stage

Ok, I'm cancelling the challenge after 30 min and I'm no longer waiting for him. I hope I can claim a forfeit, I think it was enough of a grace period.
@pepellou my understanding is that forfeits cannot be claimed, they must be awarded by an adjudicator. But that does not mean that you are obliged to wait for someone who obviously isn't going to turn up!
Ok @Marlonc then I'll wait for an organizer to answer, although @grogers already told me that I waited enough while I was waiting.

This is disrespectful and frustrating honestly.
@pepellou Marlonc is right, one no-show isn't synonymous to forfeit. We can't disregard the fact that sometimes people have good excuses for not appearing on time. On the other hand, after a second no-show organizers will have to look at what's preventing the player from not showing up and decide on a case-to-case basis whether a forfeit is necessary.

Also waiting 30 minutes for your opponent is sufficient for me. This can be considered a no-show. Try to reschedule a match whenever you can. Hope this clarifies things a bit.

Cheers, Legion

This topic has been archived and can no longer be replied to.